Welcome! My name is Nicole Sheldrake. My passion for teaching Pilates comes from a desire to share the vitality, strength and joy in movement that Pilates has brought me.
How I Became Interested in Pilates
After many years of working at desk jobs and over a decade of practicing yoga, I began to experience low back, shoulder and neck pain. My physiotherapist
suggested Pilates and experiencing this fundamental re-education of my body got me hooked.
When not teaching or practicing Pilates and yoga, I can be found meandering through beautiful Seattle with my sweetheart, playing board games, curled up on the couch with a sci-fi novel, baking, dancing Argentinian Tango, or chasing dragons.
Teaching & Lifestyle Philosphy
My goal is to make your life happier and healthier. I have created a space for you to focus on yourself, to relax and move your body. That’s it. It doesn’t matter what you look like, or whether you are in shape or out of shape. We are team focused solely on what your body needs.
Training & Certifications
- Stott Pilates Injuries and Special Populations Course
- Stott Pilates Certified Reformer Level 1
- Stott Pilates Trained Cadillac, Chair and Barrels Level 1
- Mat Pilates Certified through Aris Pilates
- Hatha Yoga Certified through Prana Yoga
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Applied Linguistics from the University of Victoria